The sourness of the throat, giddy feeling, and constant coughing with sputum irritates the person and invites body pain and headache. Moreover, it makes difficult to breath and work as constant coughing makes the person tired and sleepy. But how often a person knows what coughing is all about?
Cough: An alarming sign or just a Nasal Congestion?
A cough is described under two types- Dry and Productive. Among these two, a dry cough can be very irritating and takes a long time to cure. Some of the causes of a dry and productive cough are- nasal congestion, fever, stomach upset and body pain. But if the doctor’s medicine isn’t your cup of tea, then seeking home remedy can be effective. Let us check some of the home remedies for cough that can help in bring down the problem:
- Spoonful of Honey: If you’re facing dry cough problem, then add a teaspoon of honey in chamomile tea or even with ginger tea and drink it once in a day. You can even consume 1 tsp of honey on a daily basis before going to the bed. Honey is rich with demulcent that can coat the irritated membranes in your throat and works best to shot down cough.
- Bromelain: You must not have heard about this, but this enzyme is found in the stem of pineapples. Bromelain is great to suppress a cough. The only thing you need to do is eat a slice of pineapple or drink fresh pineapple juice. In addition to a curing cough, Bromelain also helps to cure sinus problem.
- Salt Water Gargles: Generally, salt water gargles are advised when you experience throat pain. But this home remedy can also be helpful to curb cough. The salt water helps to clear throat and reduces swelling and discomfort.
- Drink Peppermint Tea: If you can get peppermint leaves from the market, then make a peppermint tea out of it as it helps in breaking down mucus. Being one of the best home remedies for a cough, drinking peppermint tea can be the best alternate for cough syrup & cold medicines, also it carries healing properties.
- Pepper, Ginger & Honey Combination: Black pepper is generally used as a food ingredient, but it is also an effective home remedy for a cough. Combined with honey and Ginger that contains antibacterial properties will help you to consume pepper, which is quite difficult to consume alone and it gives instant gratification.
- Consume Cloves before Sleep: Clove possesses antibacterial properties and is widely used in cough syrup & cold Clove can alleviate the itching and pain problem in the throat, which is common during a cough. So before sleep, take 1-2 pieces of clove and keep it in your mouth and sleep to avoid a cough and itching while sleeping.
Home remedies are sort after and effective solutions for ages that promote sound sleep, relaxation from sore throat and coughing without any side effects.
Read some more useful information on Home Remedies for Cough & more on Heart Attack Symptoms articles only on Dr. Lifesaving.